Monday, December 1, 2008

Turkey Weekend Recap

Thursday – Met Tracy at o’dark thirty for a field trip run to Great Falls . I think trail running is harder than running on pavement, but I managed to finish without falling or doing a Sonny Bono impersonation. After a quick breakfast and shower, it was off to my parent’s for dinner. Dad fried two turkeys: one for dinner and one for Steve to take home. Ever since my parents found out that Steve loves turkey, they make a point to make one just for him any time they cook one. In between dinner and dessert, we watched Get Smart. We stopped by my uncle’s house to visit and draw names for Christmas gifts. Yay! Buying two gifts for the cousins is much easier than buying 13. Steve, his turkey and I stopped by Helen’s before finally take our overstuffed bellies home.

Friday – Lugged myself to the gym. I spent most of the day tidying up and rearranging our wall décor. Looks pretty good if I must say so myself and I didn’t spend a cent. That night, one of the ladies in our running group was having a get-together for the group at her house, or in my opinion, mansion. The house was ginormous! They had a baby grand piano in the front room and if I could do cartwheels, I’m sure I could have done at least 10 before hitting a wall. We hadn’t seen a lot of these people since the summer so it was fun to find out how everyone did at their fall races. Turns out more and more of these crazies are running 50-milers and some are considering a 100-miler in Massanutfen. Insane.

Saturday – Went out for what turned out to be a tough 12-miler. It felt like I had Steve’s turkey friend and a case of beer strapped to my back the whole time. Most of the day was spent decorating the house for Christmas minus the tree. Just like I could do without turkey on Thanksgiving, I could do without a tree at Christmas. We usually get one when Steve realizes Christmas is a few days away. By then, all that are left are the reject trees. The good news is that we usually get our tree for a bargain. I think the most we’ve spent is $20, the least $5. Speaking of bargains, we found this World Market dining set last week on Craiglist. $275 for table and chairs.


Anyway…

Took a trip to Plum Grove Cyclery in Leesburg to check out their sale since everything was 60% off. I ended up buying a pair of Tifosi glasses for running. Merry Christmas to me! Swung by Spokes, Lowes, and the dreaded Wal-mart but managed not to buy a thing at any of those places. After three weeks sans-burrito bol, we went to Chipotle, took our loot home, and watched The Happening. Movie was okay, but I’m thankful for Mark Wahlberg despite his years with the funky bunch.

Sunday – Craft and laundry day. I finished a tote and knitting needle case, and cut fabric for some soon-to-be makeup pouches. We’re having company over next weekend so I attempted to clean up the guest room where I have all my sewing stuff. Al and had talked about opening a craft thrift store where people could bring unused supplies and unfinished projects. Considering the amount of stuff I have, we should do that soon.


Monday – Yes, I know that the weekend is over, but it looks like Santa stopped by our office and dropped off a 42” TV for the lounge. No more playing Wii on the old-fashioned 27 incher.

No comments: