Friday, January 23, 2009

Pandora

Our company was officially closed for MLK’s birthday on Monday, but a handful of us swapped our MLK holiday to watch the Inauguration on Tuesday. Anyway since it was so quiet on Monday, my cube-neighbor played DJ and introduced me to Pandora.com. Now for you hipsters, this is probably old news. But for people like me who have been listening to local radio stations over the web, it’s fabulous. Pandora is an internet radio station that lets you enter a song/artist that you like, and it builds a radio station for you with similar songs/artists. If you can’t think of a particular song, you can also pick from a list of genres. If a song comes on that you don’t like, just skip it. No commercials. No annoying DJs who attempt to be funny. No fee. No draining the battery on my iPod because I forgot to charge it and left the charger at home.

For Friday’s musical selection I decided to enter Sir Mix-a-Lot’s Baby Got Back. So far I’ve heard Funky Cold Medina, Shoop, and It Takes Two; it’s like a ‘90s dance party in my cube. Happy Friday!

No comments: