Sunday, January 25, 2009

Le Weekend

Friday - Watched the nephews in their district swim meet. Randy had already qualified for state's in four events. Travis, who happened to be swimming in the same events and heats as his brother, qualified for regionals but missed the state qualifying time in the 100 meter by .01 seconds. He needed a 23.80 (or was it 22.80?) to automatically qualify for states, but ended up getting a 23.79. Hopefully he'll qualify at regionals.

Saturday - A discouraging 14-miles with the last 6 at goal pace. I managed to hit my goal pace, but was incredibly inconsistent which will destroy me if I try to do it during a race. That afternoon, Cupcake, Buttercup, Peanut, and Sweetie (a.k.a. BIL Joe, my sister, Steve, and I) indulged in an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet in White Marsh. Oink, oink. To battle our food fatigue we strolled around Ikea before heading back to their place.

Sunday - Worked on Steve's website then it was time for crepes and an assortment of other breakfast foods. Headed to Lowes to pick up some blinds and then to HomeGoods to pick up a chair for my desk. I spent the rest of the afternoon finishing up a trial-run knitting needle case and knitting the scarf that I've been working on for weeks. I hope to have it done before spring.

No comments: