Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend Recap

Friday – Grocery shopping (admit it, you’re jealous of my glamorous lifestyle) and movie night. Endured watching Seven Pounds. Way too long and drawn out.

Saturday – My weekly scheduled duathlon (run and swim). One of the other guys in my swimming class finally showed up again after being MIA for two weeks. Even though the personal instruction was nice while it lasted, I enjoy having someone else over the age of 5 floundering in the pool with me. Steve was done with his bike ride by noon so we actually got to spend a big chunk of time together for the first time in months. Dropped off his bike at Bonzai for a tune-up since he has the Mooseman Tri up in NH next weekend. Swung by Road Runner Sports for some new gear then over to Pottery Barn in Reston. I’ve had a $250 gift card from PB for years that I’ve yet to spend. I can never seem to find anything I want and am willing to pay their prices for. This visit was no different; maybe I’ll try their online store to see if I have better luck. William Sonoma, Panera, then off to Home Depot to exchange our propane tank. We haven’t needed a new tank in a while so I was pleasantly surprised to find that they had automated the propane buying/exchange process ~ so convenient except for the random child who decided he wanted to play with the touch screen while we were using it. Cooked out on the grill then ate dinner al fresco on the Grassi-hut’s deck.

Sunday – Met up with Mandy for a hill workout in Leesburg. Cooked up some crepes for b’fast then headed to Lowes to check out washer and dryers. Our 12 year old GE set is toeing the appliance death line. We checked out a bunch of reviews for the models that we saw at Lowes and still have no idea what to get. If you happen to love/hate your washer and dryer, let me know.

No comments: