Sunday, May 10, 2009

Swimming, Mothers, and a Russian

Friday - First weekend in two weeks that both of us were in town. Stayed in and made beef stroganoff for dinner.


Saturday - A harder-than-expected run followed by a quick breakfast then my first swim class. What can I say; I'm a natural born sinker. Spent a few hours scrubbing the patio furniture and deck. By 12:30 I was ready for a nap. Not sure what happened the rest of the afternoon. I think I spent it trying to clean up the guest room and working on some knitting projects. For dinner Steve and I went to Bangrak for some yummo-licious Thai food. I was craving a chocolate extreme blizzard from DQ so we made a quick stop for some frozen goodies.


Sunday - Hit the horse path of the W&OD trail for an easy 8-miler. Critter count: 1 groundhog, 3 rabbits, and 3 baby fox (tried to snap a pic but they took off). Hit up Gordon Biersch in Rockville where we were meeting our friend Rina. The three of us spent a lot of time together at the job where Steve and I met. And by a lot, I mean 3 weeks straight followed by one week at home then on the road again. Thirteen years later she's still doing the same job but now lives in Germany.


After lunch it was off to Leesburg for king crab legs and way too much food at Helen's Mother's Day gathering.

No comments: