Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekend Recap

Friday - Watched So I Married an Axe Murderer (love that movie) and finished knitting Calorimetry - this headband thingy. My first attempt was too small and would probably only fit a kid.

Saturday - Easy 10-miler followed by way too many orange cranberry muffins. I think I actually eat more when I run less: Saturday crap food total = 5 cranberry orange muffins and 1 chocolate-glazed donut. Spent the afternoon helping Terri clean out Red Dog Spa. The store looks great and has come a long way since I last saw it. Oh! and the cushion I made looks fab in the store! Hit Trader Joe's for some quinoa and cheap wine before picking up grub at Chipotle. Watched Body of Lies (bleh - not impressed) while knitting Calorimetry again. This time it was too wide.

Sunday - Pancake breakfast courtesy of Aunt Jemima! Dad requested tech support from Steve so we headed up to good ole Glen Burnie for a few hours of family time. Dad also made sure that I brought the statue of Jesus that they brought back from the Philippines home with me since I accidentally left it there the last time I visited. He made sure to tell me that they had the priest at the church bless it for me. I'm not sure what it is with filipinos and these Jesus statues (or the giant wooden forks and spoons). Even if I was religious I'm not sure I'd have him out on display. Instead he's going to be rooming in the guest bedroom closet with some old friends from my childhood: my teddy bear, doll, and monkey (who everyone but me thinks is creepy).


Also finished Calimetry attempt #3. Check it out:
It's still a smidgen too big but it's closer than the last two attempts.

No comments: