Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weekend O' Work

Friday - Date with Steve to Lowes top pick up supplies for this weekend's projects. Whoopee!

Saturday - Great 22 mile run - yes I realize it's a weird thing to say. I usually can't keep a steady pace but somehow managed to run 9:30-9:40 miles the entire time. You have no idea how happy this makes me since National is only 3 weeks away. The rest of the day was spent clearing out the half of the kitchen I was planning to paint. I forgot how much work goes into just getting the room ready: clearing crap out, taking stuff off walls, spackling (ugh), sanding, wiping up the dust from sanding, taping, blah, blah, blah... I think it was about 3:30 by the time I picked up a paintbrush. By 7:00 I finished up the edging and had had enough for the day. Neither one of us felt like cooking or getting dressed so we picked up some grub at Chipotle and spent the rest of the night camped out in front of the big magical window (a.k.a. the TV).

Sunday - Gym, Target, then back to work. I finished up Phase I of the kitchen painting and even repainted the trim around the floor. Yay me. Here are a few pics of the kitchen and also the crown molding that Steve put up in our sunroom/my office.



Now I'm just stalling because I have a few boxes of stuff that I took out of the kitchen that I no longer want and I also need to vacuum. If you know anyone opening up a taco joint who is looking for southwestern decorations and knick-knacks, I'm your girl. This tired Flip will be spending the rest of the evening folding laundry with her $3 wine from Trader Joe's while she waits for her frozen lasagna to finish.

No comments: