Monday, August 10, 2009

Lake Placid Hats

I call them Lake Placid hats because I started these hats while traveling to/from and while in Placid. I had planned to work on my cardigan during the 10 hour drive, but due to excessive user error I decided it was best to work on something else for a while. Both hat patterns were very easy and were knit using a circular needle and magic loop technique. No DPNs for me.

The first one is using a pattern called the Amanda hat that I found on Ravelry. Based on the basket-looking stitch pattern, I thought it would be more complicated but it turned out to be pretty easy.



The second hat is using the Foliage hat pattern which is available on knitty.com. I used a chunky yarn so it knitted up in about a day. That's pretty quick for a slow knitter like myself.


In case you're wondering, the cardigan is hibernating until I can bring myself to frog my latest mistake and finally put that $^%!* project to bed.

1 comment:

M. said...

Oh nice! I like the bottom one!