Monday, April 13, 2009

Return of the Living Dead

Better known as Easter.

Friday – Steve made chicken coconut curry for dinner – mighty tasty considering the sauce was fresh from the jar. Lounged around and watched the episode of Harper’s Island that we had recorded. First episode wasn’t too bad. Now that we have a DVR I’ll probably continue to record it until it becomes too cheesy and/or too predictable.

Saturday – I had planned to go for a run but the monsoon-like conditions convinced me to wimp out and go to the dry, warm gym instead. Ran a few errands then spent the afternoon posting a bunch of patterns I know I’ll never use up on Etsy. Hopefully someone will bite and take a few of these off my hands. Low key evening eating Chipotle, finishing our taxes, and watching My Cousin Vinny. Yes kids; this is what happens in a crappy economy and your significant other spends the day biking more miles than you’ve driven.

Sunday – Sunday was the spring version of Thanksgiving. It started at my parents’ where we had an Easter egg hunt in the backyard. Amusing especially since my Dad didn’t seem to try very hard to hide the eggs. Feast #1 consisted of a fried turkey, fried roast, an assortment of sides, and of course Filipino “potatoes” a.k.a. rice. Feast #2 was at Helen’s house and included ham, lamb, roasted potatoes, and these yummy fruit tart things with vanilla ice cream.



No comments: