Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Magic Loops and Bikes

Better late than never.

Friday – TV catch-up night and early bedtime for me. I was zonked from having to be at work early all week and from not sleeping well the night before.

Saturday – 10-miler with the Ashburn group followed by a class on this magic-loop knitting technique that I’ve been wanting to learn. (More on the magic-loop coming soon for those that want to know more.) Good class and the instructor Marena was a pretty interesting character as well. The only downside is that I now have 4 concurrent yarn projects going at once. For dinner Steve and I went to Red Robin for some burgers and beers.

Sunday – Crepes with strawberries and Nutella. By the way, if you’ve never had Nutella before you need to let me know so that I can send you some for your birthday.

After breakfast Steve talked me into finally trying the bike that a friend of ours had let me borrow. The last time I was on a bike was when I was about 11 and living in Hawaii . I was riding my friend’s bike down a hill when she yelled, “The brakes don’t work!” I panicked and ran into the side of a parked car. Being that that was my last memory of being on a bike and that it was 25 years ago, I could’ve used some training wheels during the first 10 minutes. I’m sure I entertained the people in the office building of the parking lot where I was riding around but whatever. They should be thankful I didn’t run into any of their cars. I’m not quite ready to make my debut on the W&OD bike trail, but hopefully by mid-summer when I’m a little more stable and learn to gradually apply the brakes. Did some weeding (or is un-weeding?) and other unexciting chores before meeting my friend Shelly in Frederick for a late lunch. Her and I have been friends since 8th grade but unfortunately don’t get to see each other very often these days. Headed back to the homefront where Steve was making some chicken enchiladas.

No comments: