Sunday, September 7, 2008

Thanks for visiting Hanna

Friday - Mother Nature's latest spawn, Hanna, was expected to arrive Friday night. Since I knew we'd be staying in on Saturday, I headed to Lowes to pick up paint for our fireplace. Got home to find that Al had sent temporary tattoos of FOOD. Love it! Dinner consisted of a delicious chicken Burrito Bol and a margarita. Yum yum. Saturday's long run was postponed until Sunday which meant that I could have a drink and not worry about being dehydrated or oversleeping on Saturday.

Saturday - Headed to the gym and Target first thing in the morning. Steve was studying for most of the day so I finally painted our fireplace. I've been wanting to paint this for months but couldn't find the right color. We finally found Olympic's Brick Dust which goes with the print above the TV. Now I just have to get around to painting the rest of the room.... one day.


In between coats of paint I manned some of our windows because the rain was starting to come inside. Ugh - guess we need to fix that. Also started recaulking/resealing our master bath shower. Step 1: remove old caulk. Note to self: next house, no ceramic tile in shower.

Sunday - Up at 5:30 so we could meet the running group for our long run. Some of the speedsters in our group talked me into joining them on a route that included some more intense hills. Even though it was hard, I was still able to keep them within 50-60 feet in front of me the whole time. Usually these people are out of my sight because they're so fast and (in my opinion) have genetic mutations that allow them to run fast without breathing hard or sweating. This weekend's reward for running 22 miles was pancakes, eggs, and a quick nap. I spent the rest of the afternoon removing the rest of the caulk from the shower. The new grout and caulk will have to wait because I'm in need of some veggin'.

No comments: