Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend recap

Friday - Trekked up to Chris & Joe's to spend the night since our bus for NYC was leaving at 5:45 Saturday. For dinner we had caldereta that Joe made and finished off Great Harvest chocolate chip cookies. We watched Wall-E and I loved it! There's such little dialogue in the movie so it's funny how much we (okay, I) loved the little cartoon machine

Saturday - After an annoying start to the trip (see rant), we arrived in NYC around 10am. We strolled up to Central Park and spent a few hours checking it out. Fun! I've always wanted to go there after seeing it in so many TV shows and movies.


Went to Gene's Diner for lunch and had a hefty Swiss mushroom burger: Mmm, Mmm good. I think it's the first burger I've had since January when we went to Cheeseburger in Paradise with my family. We rode the subway downtown and strolled around Chinatown and Little Italy for about an hour or two. I don't think any of us were particularly impressed so we rode back up to Times Square. Killed some time in a few stores including Toys R Us where I confirmed that children are just not for me. Grabbed dinner at Ellen's Stardust Diner where the wait staff sings while you eat. Swung by a few more stores including the Hershey store before having to head back to MD. Pics from our trip on Shutterfly.


Sunday - I was going to go for a run but my shins are killing me. Spent the day sewing a knitting needle case and finishing up a knit hat that turned out to be way too big even for my oversized coconut.

1 comment:

M. said...

Yay!! Seems like you had fun. If I had known you were going to go to Chinatown I would've told you about a really good bakery and the bread street carts.