Tuesday, July 1, 2008

No one took my lunch money

My first day at the new job was great. They're actually much more laid back than I expected. They described the environment to me as "relaxed" during the interview, but I didn't want to believe it until I saw it for myself. Lots of jeans and flip-flops (hip-hip-hooray for casual dress). No surprises with the benefits package. Free drinks and a game room with lounge chairs and a Wii. People are nice and helpful. Even though I'm now in cube-world, it's actually kinda nice to be able to hear life around me and the occasional Nerf gun driveby shooting. Of course I can't forget to mention that it's 2ish miles from home so that my future donkey will be able to get me there without any problem.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Now here's hoping that the work will be as good as the culture. :)

--Jenny

CherryDeGrassi said...

Hope so! The primary project I'm working on has to do with analyzing flights delays so it'll be a whole new world.

M. said...

Wowie sounds like an awesome workplace already! Would you like the Triops back? You can actually run to work with no sweat. Lucky!