Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cabled Cap Complete

I finished the Coronet cabled cap the other night. The cables were pretty easy to knit once I got the hang of it and the main cap is all knit stitches. Besides knitting cables for the first time, I also had to learn how to do the kitchener stitch to attach the two ends of the cable band together; also not too difficult once you get the hang of it.

For me, the biggest challenge is having to pick up stitches prior to knitting the main cap. The picked up stitches should be fairly evenly distributed around the cap but I was either not picking stitches up often enough or picking too many up. It took me about 3 tries to finally get the right number of stitches on the needles. Even though the cap is fairly easy to knit, having to pick up stitches might be enough to dissuade me from using this pattern again (unless I find some trick to make the task easier).

No comments: